Update to Covid19 Procedures
Following the government’s announcement that restrictions will ease in England from 19th July, we have been busy behind the scenes updating our procedures to maintain a safe space for everyone whilst returning to a bit of “normality”. Please find the updated information below, and if you have any queries please do get in touch through our Facebook page or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Things You Need to Know
If you or a member of your household are experiencing symptoms of covid19, or self-isolating you must not visit the swimming pool.
- The one way system has been removed, with entry (and exit) now through the automatic doors and the “Shoe Room”.
- Where possible please continue to arrive “swim ready”, although changing facilities are now available before and after your swim
- We request that you wear a mask whilst inside the pool building, everywhere but on poolside
- Hand sanitiser is available by the automatic door, and we recommend using it on entry and exit from the building
- The QR codes remain in place for Test and Trace, and our Lifeguards will still request your contact number, but this is not mandatory.
- There will be no loaning of goggles, hats, hair bobbles or nose clips during this time, please bring your own
- Any floats, woggles or pull buoys will be individually allocated and washed after use. This includes large floats during fun swim sessions. Once your household has finished with it, please put it on poolside for washing and reallocation
- During lane swim sessions, lanes will revert to their pre-covid directions (i.e. one lane clockwise, the other anti-clockwise).
- Our staff will be undertaking regular cleaning, will still be wearing PPE when signing in, and keeping their distance in order to stay safe.
Please respect others, and remember people may be nervous of these changes, we ask everyone to please be kind to fellow swimmers and our staff
Frequently Asked Questions – what you asked us!
- Do I need to book a lane swim session or fun swim session?
Please arrive at the pool 5 minutes before your sessions start time and sign in with the lifeguard on duty. There is no pre-booking of sessions at this time. Please note that you will need cash, as we do not accept card payments, and change is always very much appreciated
- Can the virus survive in the pool water?
The Coronavirus is what is known as an enveloped virus and Chlorine is known to break down its outer lipid layer, killing the virus. As such BW Community Swimming have invested in a SageWash system for the pool, donating it to the Junior School. This system connects to the hose pipe and mixes chlorine directly with the water. This system is being used to wash down surfaces and equipment throughout the day